Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is an essential component of any intervention, project, or program. This course covers the basics of program monitoring and evaluation. It also defines common terms and discusses why M&E is essential for program management.
This course can be taken by all persons. However, learners working in the field of survey research research academicians, social programs, Data managers, program manager and students stand to benefit most.
- At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify the basic purposes and scope of M&E;
- differentiate between monitoring functions and evaluation functions;
- describe the functions of an M&E plan;
- identify the main components of an M&E plan;
- identify and differentiate between conceptual frameworks, results frameworks and logic models;
- describe how frameworks are used for M&E planning;
- identify criteria for the selection of indicators;
- describe how indicators are linked to frameworks;
- identify types of data sources; and
- describe how information can be used for decision-making.
Topics to be covered
Sign Up For Free to have a Free trial