This course is an introduction to software engineering, using the Java™ programming language. It covers concepts useful to programming students. Students will learn the fundamentals of Java. The focus is on developing high quality, working software that solves real problems.
The course is designed for students with some programming experience, but if you have none and are motivated you will do just fine. Each class is composed of one hour of lecture and one hour of lab work. It's intended to support your programming journey as an A''level vacationist or a university student doing Java programming.
Installing Java and Eclipse
To write Java programs, you need two things: the Java Development Kit (JDK), and a source code editor. Please follow these directions before the first class, so you can get started on the first assignment faster. If you run into difficulty, we can help you during the first class.
The Java Development Kit contains the tools needed to compile and run Java programs. The source code editor lets you write programs, and has features to make this easier. For this course, you can use any tool you like, but we recommend Eclipse, and will demonstrate it during the first lecture. Details on downloading (Open source) and installing the required software are provided on the dashboard.
This Course includes;
- Types, variables, operators
- More types, methods, conditionals
- Loops and arrays
- Objects and classes
- Access control, class scope, packages, Java API
- Design, debugging, interfaces
- Inheritance, exceptions, file I/O
- •We encourage authenticity-Write your own code
- Assignments must be submitted.
- Assignments must be submitted passed with minimum 60%
- This is conducted online as self-paced
- Support and assistance is available on the course forum
Course access on Smartphone and tablet (Moodle App)